Environmental pollution has made negative effects on the life of every living things on Earth. Nearly all of our achievements in the fields of industrial progress, science and technology have been realized at the cost of our health so far. Even our flora and fauna have been found to be at risk of extinction.
All this really makes us wondering whether all our gains and industrial civilization really enable us to climb the peaks of prosperity or simply bring us down the blind alleys of adversity. Many programs against environmental pollution are strenuously implemented against the indiscriminate violations committed daily in the name of development.
The environmental pollution is not only caused by the emission from nuclear tests or industries. The smoke from the automobiles and other vehicles, the increasing use of synthetic detergents, nitrogen insecticides and fertilizers contaminate both air and water.
- The water we use to drink the vegetables are all contaminated. As a result, our world is suffering from a number of incurable diseases.
- Nothing in this world is immune, no life is safe and the prospect of this world is bleak.
- The factories are mostly built in residential areas and the smoke-emitting vehicles ply through the congestion areas. Besides causing immense disturbances, it also leads to increasing number of case of pulmonary thrombosis and tuberculosis and various sorts of brain and heart complications.
- Air-pollution may cause severe lung diseases, brain-disorder diseases, asthma etc.
- Soil-pollution may negatively affect farm output ratio. It can also contaminate the ground water.
- Noise-pollution have negative effects on hearing ability. It can also cause deafness, tiredness, and mental losses.
- The heat generated by industries and vehicles causes thermal pollution by raising the environmental temperature of the nearby areas.
The birth of mills and factories is the result of the growth of industry in this machine-predominated period. As long as they will be there, they must emit smoke, pollute the air and hasten our end by slow-poisoning.